I want to partner
Domestic abuse costs businesses £1.9bn every year due to time off work, lost wages, sick pay and a drop in productivity.
Walby, S (2009) The cost of domestic violence: update 2009. Lancaster University
In 2013, the Equalities and Human Rights Commission Wales found that in any one year more than 20% of employed women take time of work because of domestic abuse and 2% lose their jobs as a direct result of the abuse.
Domestic abuse is affecting your company and the people who work for you. Support our work to help prevent abuse and provide safer communities in South Wales.
How you could help
- Make Thrive your charity of the year
- Make a corporate donation to support some of our activities
- Encourage your employees to fundraise or take part in a challenge event
- Sign up a group for a corporate volunteering day
- Provide expertise or advice that your company can offer
- Encourage Payroll Giving
- Promote our work to your employees and other key stakeholders
- Speak to us about implementing a workplace policy
Our Previous Corporate Supporters Include
Tata Steel UK
Supported some of our Children and Young People activities. They also provide toys, presents and chocolates during Easter and Christmas for our families.
We receive weekly donations of food items and goods from our local Port Talbot Tesco store so that we can distribute to the families who are in need.
Provide free Wi-Fi in our refuge accommodation, allowing residents to access the internet to be able to fill out online benefit forms and keep in touch with friends and family.